Airport/safari Problems Please Help!!!

macintoshuser

Registered
I have a G3 Powerbook which I've run the airport wireless successfully over the past year or so. However, it's suddenly stopped working & I have no idea why.

Airport connects to my ISP, yet Safari will not connect and I get the following type message...

Safari can’t open the page “http://www.macosx.com/forums/ newthread.php?do=newthread&f=80”.

The error was: “bad server response” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1011)

Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

When I check in Internet Connect, it shows “AirPort is connected to the network _______. You are connected to the internet via AirPort.” This is happening why?... (Everything works fine when I use the internal modem and connect directly.)

So it's telling me I'm connected. (And I am sure it is since my home phone becomes busy... However, when I open my browser I get an immediate stalling, often with the detail (127.0.0.1) in the bottom left hand corner (in IE), followed by a 30 second delay and the message: "The specified server could not be found."... (With Safari I also get the detailed above message...)

Any ideas what I should try. Have repaired permissions & the like & checked what I can.

Thanks in advance, Davey

I too just sudenly started getting this message with Safari..... Very strange. YOu don't happen to be using DirecWay internet service, would you?

Not sure if its a Safari related problem, the error message indicates a dns problem.
Verify your present dns configuration, then open a terminal window and enter "ping -c3 www.macosx.com". It should give you the macosx IP 82.165.177.2 and the "round trip time" between you and macosx, if your internet connection is really active.

I had the same problem a while back - I just restarted my router and the airport base station and everything was fine. Might be worth getting the latest Airport software from support.apple.com (if you haven't already) and updating the software on the computer and the firmware on the base station.

Back