AirPort signal strength

Hypernate

McGeek
Hey, I KNOW there have been SO MANY posts regarding AirPort signal problems, but I'm not sure if mine is the same as those.

Firstly, I have an AP Extreme base station, my 12" G4 iBook has an APE card, and my mum's 14" G4 iBook also has APE.

Our BS is upstairs, on the ADSL line, and when we get signal anywhere in the house it's either 4 or 3 bars. (SOMETIMES 2, but rarely), so the signal strengh obviously isn't bad. There are areas we don't get signal, but I'm pretty sure these are to do with cordless phone base stations. (do these affect when not making calls? And does Interference Robustness make much of a difference? I have it on>.)

However, there is a part of our house, downstairs, possibly with cordless phone between, but not always, that my mum gets 3 bars of signal, and I get none, in the same place. What's up with that? I would GREATLY appreciate some help, because I'm get pissed off with the AirPort, and I don't want to be angry at an Apple product hehe.

I know I could set up a relay/remote base station down stairs, but I dont' really want to pay AU$400 if I don't have to.

Thanks!

check the airport card and make sure that the antenna is plugged in correctly. I had this problem once. If one gets the signal the other one should as well.

Back