Airport, Software - WHY!?!?!?! :(

The Doctor

Registered
I have a problem with my Airport in my Intel Core Duo 20" iMac. I am using 10.4.9 but also had this problem in 10.4.8

It's defiantly a Software problem unfortunately I know this, because It works all the time in Windoze. :confused:

What happens is I will be using OS X and using the net like normal and sometimes will just disconnect. I check my Air Port Icon on the top and it doesn't find ANY networks and there is at least 5 around my area.

I have to restart to fix the problem.

The Doctor

hmmm, you got me stumped, have you installed all of the airport updates? Also, you might want to dump all your prefs and then try connecting.
How far away is the network hub? You could be loosing the signal.

I thought this first of all but a) works on Windows Fine :( b) it looses ANY network connection.

I don't know what is wrong. It's like the hardware fails .. But I know it isn't.

The Doctor

I'm having the exact same problem.
But for me, it seems to happen while running specific programs. Before it happend with Skype a few times.
Now it is happening with Azureus, just a few moments after starting the program: suddenly not detecting ANY airport signals- where before there was about a dozen.

Back