Airtunes With D-link Dwl-122

Crumster

Registered
After months of trying and searching for a solution, I'm asking you for help.
I've a d-link dwl-122 usb wireless adapter + AirPort Express. everything is working fine, except for playing music on my audio equipment via AAE. Not via iTunes or Airfoil. Most of the time the whole connection is lost, so even the (without playing music good working) internet connection. My AAE is connected with a cable modem. I tried Mac next to AAE, so signal is good, and still not working. I tried a friend's iMac with built-in airport extreme-card and everything worked fine.
I bought the d-link because of the high price of the (old) Airport cards, but 'm afraid it's not going to work.
Hope you have a solution, instead of skipping this nice feature of the AAE.
Thanks a lot

i wish i could help you, but i can't even get my dwl-122 to work :(
i have an emac, i have installed the software (resulting in a new pref pane) and plugged in the dwl, but then nothing. in the new dwl pref pane it just states that "no card detected" whatever that means.

anyone?

My son had problems connecting his eMac. Problem was that the Airport Extreme card in the front of the computer needed to be pushed in very hard. It felt like it was seated but it needed to snap into place. He said that he was having to press harder than he would have thought safe to get it to snap into the seat. Until then he got the "no card detected" message when trying to set up the system. It works fine now.

decado, first:a usb-adapter isn't the best solution. AirTunes won't work good, normally a good internet connection is possible. Update everything Apple, 10.3.9 and everything concerning Airport. Second, don't use d-link software, but version 1.4.7 as driver(www.macupdate.com, look for dwl-122). Install software, shut-down, startup after connecting USB-adapter(dwl-122)When your PowerBook / eMac is "clean", the pref pane will detect your dwl-122.

Back