AlBook yellow spots

voice-

Registered
Anybody got them?
You'll def. know when you do, a great many yellow spots run wild on your screen, messing up colors and the general user experience...usually happens when you put any pressure on the PowerBook (like resting your hands).
Sad to see Apple failing like this...calling AppleSupport first thing tomorrow morning to let them know about this...it a 2 week old Mac with a 1 week old OS and the screen is screwed already, that's not tolerable...

Anybody else with this experience?

Really sorry to hear about your problem, voice...

You're right - it is completely unacceptable and, to my mind, astonishing that this should have happened. Given the attention to detail that goes into the design of all their products (Take another bow, Mr Ives), one would have expected this to have been picked up on prior to shipping 1,000's of units (well you would, wouldn't you?!)

I had a lot of problems with Jaguar and therefore decided to vote with my wallet (Prior to this I had bought 5 PowerBoooks in the space of 2 years!)

With the release of Panther I was getting ready to buy a new 17" after MWSF 2004 ( I expect a good speed bump at that point) as well as a 15" for a friend of mine for Christmas...

Unfortunately, they've rather given me the jitters with this one...

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say "we feel for you"...

Hope they resolve your problem soon!

White spots, yellow spots, hinge problems, heat problems...seems these 15" are real problem children...makes me wonder, do they do real world tests?

Would make sense to me to have Apple employees use "beta" PowerBooks as their main system for about a month before mass producing, and then correct the issues appearing, rather than release untested products and having customers do the testing.
With all the repairs they do, this way can't possibly pay off...

Loads of people are having these problems. Call Apple right away. They've already replaced units and will stand behind your problem.

I tried...problem is, these started about 2am Sunday morninig, and Apple Support doesn't start till 8am Monday morning, at which time I'll be at school...

This is a known problem. Apple started replacing units and the replacements had the same problem. They're going to be using new parts to remedy the problem, but you'll have to contact Apple to get it done.

I will, first chance I get...
Would seem as though pressure around the keyboard is the problem. It's not a problem at all when the PB is cold, so I'd guess the aluminum is heated/softened after about half an hour of working...a thicker layer of aluminum might solve it all...

Anywho, good to know they are aware and fixing, will call first chance I get.

Back