Alf.com

uh, no dude, you just made a complete AARRRSSEEE out of yourself to all the militant computer geeks out there who would crucify you for such an error.

It's a UNIX joke about EMACS and VI, two competing command line text editor programs.

And you, although not a UNIX guy, but being a Mac guy, should have distinguished between the eMac, and EMACS.

DIE HEATHEN!!!!!!!!!!! :p

:D

SooooooOOOO0000OOOoooooooooorrrrry. Not a UNIX guy, but now that I know this information that comic is a hell of a lot funnier. So thank you.

Hmmmm. you know I saw a funny comic the other day. A real knee slapper. I wanted to post about it, but it didn't seem important enough to spawn a thread, so I'll just post it here:

465.gif

tounge.jpg

Hmm...I don't think I'd blame Steve at all. :D

That comic (the original one) isn't very great...I don't think I'd call anyone that can actually use all the arcane commands for emacs and actually make what they want with it 'feeble' - though I do have to admit, I like vi better ;)

wdw_
I vote you should be granted a full pardon for your original eMacs / EMACS gaff for posting the second cartoon.

:)

Back