All preview images in Finder have disappeared

OrganLeroy

Registered
I'm running a MacBook Pro, OS X 10.6.2.

The Finder will no longer display preview images when I click on individual items. This applies to image files, applications, aliases...everything. Strangely, the tiny image icons in the column view do still appear--but when I click on an individual item, no preview image will appear.

I haven't changed the View Options in the Finder. I've tried repairing permissions, re-setting PRAM, and dumping the com.apple.finder.plist file in my User Preferences--all to no effect.

Any suggestions most appreciated.

Maybe these images will help to clarify my situation. They are screen grabs of Finder windows. Both show that the Finder displays only a blank space instead of a preview image for both image files and applications.

Any help much appreciated.

I'm running a MacBook Pro, OS X 10.6.2.

The Finder will no longer display preview images when I click on individual items. This applies to image files, applications, aliases...everything. Strangely, the tiny image icons in the column view do still appear--but when I click on an individual item, no preview image will appear.

I haven't changed the View Options in the Finder. I've tried repairing permissions, re-setting PRAM, and dumping the com.apple.finder.plist file in my User Preferences--all to no effect.

Any suggestions most appreciated.

Attachments

• no_icon_application.jpg
    no_icon_application.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 5
  • no_icon_imagefile.jpg
    no_icon_imagefile.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 7
Hmmm...I guess this one has stumped the panel.

As a solution, should I do a system re-install from my Snow Leopard installation disc?

Back