Allaire (macromedia) Homesite: Is it finally here?

cpk0

Registered
By finally i mean evergoing to be
and by here i mean on OSX
>_ Seeign how everyother macromedia app has been released for apple OS
and since they own homesite now, it woudl make one think they woudl realease that as well,

Being a webdesigner for a few years on PC before switchign over to Mac, i only used homesite, and im gonna have to say i did liek the environment it offered for HTML editing more than bbedit does, and i dont know, homesite doesnt seem like an OS9 app, but i can def. picture it in OSX
That would be one sweet app...

Any thoughts?

I would buy it in advance if they said they'd make it - there just isn't anything that compares - in the meantime - I'm using BlueFish (via Fink) which is similiar but not as complete - you have to have Xfree86 running - but it still beats using BBEDIT - :confused: how anyone can use that and not go insane after five minutes is beyond me. I too am a PC user that's converted to Mac - thanks to OS X.

While hanging on the old Allaire boards (the company that Macromedia bought who develops Homesite and Cold Fusion) I heard that a significant part or all of Homesite is programmed in Delphi. I don't beleive there are any plans by Boland to make a Delphi compiler for OS X. This is another reseason why we haven't seen Homesite on Linux despite the fact that Cold Fusion Server now runs on Linux.

My hope is that in the next version of Dreamweaver/UltraDev will include all the code editing fuctionality that Homesite has along with a similar interface in addition to the great WYSIWYG HTML editor.

Of course I would also love to see Cold Fusion server for OS X as well so I could do away with my PC permantely! :)

--KW

I wrote Macromedia's Customer Service to find out if they have any plans for an OS X version of Homesite, here's their response:

"Currently, we do not have plans to release a version of HomeSite for Mac OS X.

Thank you,
Macromedia Customer Service"

arggghh....why would they not port this? It's so much better than BBEdit and Dreamweaver combined for web scripting. The sales of this would easily pay for whatever reworking of code is necessary I'd imagine. Figures. God I miss Homesite.

Back