allocating additional appliction memory

You've tried using"get info" right? well if you have, what IE version and what OS version are you using? Updating may solve the problem. Give me some machine specs and i may be able to help you better.

One of the benefits of an underlying UNIX operating system is that memory allocation is now automatic... You don't need to manually set minimum and desired memory allocations for each application -- they will use as much memory as they need.

Originally posted by ChrisL
One of the benefits of an underlying UNIX operating system is that memory allocation is now automatic... You don't need to manually set minimum and desired memory allocations for each application -- they will use as much memory as they need.

Yeah, memory is allocated automatically, but what I think
martinRyter really meant increased priority, although he didn't know it. Every app has a priority that determines which app gets more process cycles. The way to up an apps priority can be achieved through a nice little app called Nicer (which I believe can be found somewhere on the macosx.com pages), or the unix command renice (which Nicer uses). Use "man renice" at a terminal prompt to find out more about it.

HTH,
F-bacher

Back