Aluminum G4 17 1ghz won't power on

white6speedz28

Registered
I recently received a G4 Aluminum 17 inch 1ghz PB from a friend who could not fix it. TSA dropped it during a trip that his uncle took. The computer will not turn on. When i push the power button, there is not chime, fans, HDD spin, nothing. I am pretty sure that the battery is dead but I have tried powering it on with the battery in and out. The part of the AC adapter that plugs into the computer glows amber. I am not sure what the issues is. I have tried swapping out the two 512mb RAM pieces, replaced the hard drive and even pulled the optical drive. Nothing has achieved a response out of the machine. I am thinking that the logic board may be the culprit after it being dropped. I am not even sure if the screen is still in good condition due to the fact that the machine doesn't power on. I have tried the search function and searched all over google in order to find a solution but have come up empty handed.

Has anyone had similar issues?

Does anyone have any input?

Thanks in advance, this is my first post and first mac that I have worked with. I have been working with PCs for ~10 years.

Andrew

Back