aluminum look on powerbook...

Originally posted by Jason
feel free to tell me the exact % of metal vs plastic of the case, because apparently, since you asked for proof, you must have some yourself ;)

:) 98.7665% "aircraft-grade anodized aluminium", utilizing a volumetric scale. :p

From http://www.apple.com/powerbook/index12.html -
Housed in a lightweight and durable aluminum alloy enclosure, the PowerBook G4 is resistant to stains and scratches. It?s also perfectly smooth on all surfaces

Also watch:
http://www.apple.com/hardware/video/powerbookg4_012003.html

How exactly would being aluminum help the PowerBook be resistant to stains & scratches if the outer surface wasn't aluminum?
:)

anodized aluminum no less!

im typing on one right now, the whole thing is anodized aluminum other than the thin grey plastic gasket between the LCD back and front and bottom case and inside top. the keyboard is plastic to.

its hot people. this thing is freakin hot! i had it on my lap for 10 min and now its burning up.

Originally posted by kendall
anodized aluminum no less!

im typing on one right now, the whole thing is anodized aluminum other than the thin grey plastic gasket between the LCD back and front and bottom case and inside top. the keyboard is plastic to.

its hot people. this thing is freakin hot! i had it on my lap for 10 min and now its burning up.

Did you use a heat pad on yer jimmy before using it as Jason said? :D

Seriously, though: Did you check about the exact X version, iLife, etc?

Also, when you were using it for 10 mins: Was it plugged working at full speed or on battery? And also, when the situation is getting hot: How the system handles it? For example the tBook starts working full time its coolers which creates some noise for 1 or 2 minutes and after that the warm goes down until next time :D

i used to use my iBook on my lap with just boxers on. no way in hell with this 12" pBook. :eek:

this pBook didnt come with iLife. i downloaded the iPhoto and iMovie updates via software update. it came with quickbooks

it was 10 min on my lap plugged in installing office x and photoshop. the fan came on one for half a second and shut off. when the powerbook is idle with no fan, it doesnt cool off that quickly. 30 min later on my desk and it was still very very warm. i just used a thermometer to measure the heat on the bottom of the pBook while it was flat on a desk. 105 degrees fahrenheit or 40.6 degrees celcius. thats while watching a dvd.

well i stand corrected!

but it still FEELS like plastic and thats all that counts ;)

*places bet on how long it will take for kendall to come in here and cry about baking meat products* ;)

it might feel like plastic. i wouldnt know, ive never used it. but from the photos it looks very nice :)

Back