Am I losing my mind?(Quite likely!)

Corpus

Registered
OK,this is so stupid I hesitate to dignify it with a post,but...
I think I used to be able to click on an icon(drive,document,etc)and if I held it for a second the contextual menu would pop-up with open,open with,move to trash,etc.depending on what the icon was.
Now the only place I get a contextual menu without holding control is the dock.

I am using 10.2.3...can anyone who also has 10.2.3 tell me if there is a "click and hold" contextual menu?

I installed Fruit Menu which adds some custom contextual menu items:so if I am not dreaming and I really could do it before FruitMenu is probably the culprit...but before I e-mail Unsanity with a bug report I want to make sure the bug isn't in my gray matter hard drive if you know what I mean:rolleyes:

Thx.

I have 10.2.3, and I have to ctrl+click to get the menu. I haven't tried Fruit Menu, so I can't help there.

I have 10.2.3 and Fruit Menu. Using Ctrl + click or right click on a multi button mouse will open the menu (or at least does for me:) )
Good Luck

Ok,thx for the replies...I use a multi button mouse also so the right click works and is not a big deal,but I could swear I could just do a regular click and hold to get the menu before I installed FruitMenu.
Oh well,I guess its a good thing I didn't go screaming to Unsanity that they "Broke my Mac!!"

BTW:FruitMenu is great,and as the first shareware app I bought for X I'd say it was a good choice.

Has anyone checked out LaunchBar?I just got the demo and was wondering if anyone had any good/bad input or reports.So far it looks good but I don't know if I can train myself to use it often enough to be worth getting.

LaunchBar is fantastic! It's a real Killer App, IMO. I use all the time, and couldn't get along without it now.
:D

It seems like it might be one of those apps that grow on you...I find after almost a day I am using it more and more.My poor checkbook:)

Corpus, you are remembering incorrectly. Click-and-hold has never been an option to bring up the Contextual Menu in the Finder. Click-and-hold does however work in some web browsers and may be implemented in other applications as well.

slur:
<Corpus, you are remembering incorrectly.>

I thought that might be the case(that I was losing my mind:)thanks for confirming my suspicions.

TommyWillB:
< Even in OS 9?>

As far as I can remember,(see earlier memory loss post:),the click and hold worked even in OS9 but,as slur states,only in web browsers not in the finder.

xaqintosh:
<if you have a right mouse button, why would you do click and hold?>

Because I'm losing my mind!!Haven't you been paying attention!??!;)

Seriously though,I was probably using the right mouse button before to get the pop-up menu,but after a re-install and some system tweaks I noticed that the click and hold works in the dock and that got me wondering if it also should work in the finder...I just couldn't remember.

Thanks for all the replies,Corpus.

It's not Fruit Menu.

I don't have Fruit Menu and I've NEVER had the menu pop up when holding in ANY OS X version.

It's just not put in the OS.

Back