America's Army Operation

Probably.

Microsoft sold Age of Empires... even if they didn't make it, it's still a good game, and it has the Microsoft logo on it.

The Mac BU of Microsoft might as well be a separate entity as well; they make excellent products.

700mhz min.? crap...i feel like my 800mhz iMac is gonna loose it's place in gaming soon...oh well...i still love it.

Don't worry, it happens to everyone. That's the nature of the beast. I'm playing Unreal Tournament right now on my iMac, and it runs very choppily. But I manage.

If software developers always made stuff that ran well on what's out, without pushing the envelope, then companies like Apple would go out of business.

i was playing Americas Army this morning, and i noticed that, at least in the mp games i joined, after being killed in the game your character doesnt respawn until the game is over, i now this is supposed to be realistic and intended but i dont really like it, i haven't checked to see if there is an option to play in less realistic deathmatch, probably not,

what other FPS operate like this in MP, i think the Tom Clancy one's do, are there any others?

Bruce Artwick . . . developed Flight Simulator (wireframe, for he Apple II, right?). I had Flight Simulator II on my Atari. It evolved into Microsoft's flight sim.

Doug

If you check out Ryan Gordan's .plan today he released a new OpenAL lib for America's Army. It fixes the sound crash with the Revo 7.1 sound cards. It can also be used in UT2K3 for a slight performance boost:

Ryan's .plan

New Fix

If you don't know who Ryan Gordan is he ported UT2K3 and America's Army to the Mac, and he's also working on finishing the port of the original Unreal Tournament for OS X as well as Duke Nukem 3D for OS X.

Back