An annoying -not important I think- problem

philippe99

Registered
Hi everybody.

On my Imac G5 20 '' PPC 10.4.4 (June'05), as on all my friends equivalent machines, when the Mac boots, the initial grey screen changes its brightness while a horizontal is scrolling down. This occurs one just before the grey wheel appears indicating the start of the booting process. All is fine.

On all my friends equivalent machines ? Not all. A friend's machine (Imac G5 20 '' PPC 10.4.6 September'05) has this "grey screen changing" three times before the grey wheel appears. Yes, three times the horizontal line scrolls down.

All the boot is fine and the user faces any problem.
We run AHT, check SystemPreferences (Monitor,ColorSync, ...), run TechToolPro: nothing.
Monitoring the temp of the machine: nothing special (all around 60-70C°).
No power outrage or related electrical problem.
Beside the classical Apple's stuff (including ilIfe06), my friend has only installed Adobe CS2, Toast7 and Office2004: no extra menu, no Stuffit, ...
My friend lived with this since Sept05, but he starts frightenning when he saw my boot process last Sunday: he thinks that is video card can have be damaged.
No APP. He called AppleSupport, but "they" say they never face this and just suggest the tests..we already did.

Any idea ?
Thanks
Philippe

Back