annoyances i hope are easy to workaround!

dktrickey:
number 3 is close enough to what i wanted, i don't expect apple to code for me but the only reason i asked about this option is cos i watch tv on my mac in bed at night sometimes (perhaps too much detail) and just use my bluetooth mouse to turn it off when i'm done and the 'are you sure' dialogue box is hard to see at that distance (what do you know even more detail). anyway thanks you for that and especially number 7 - mucho helpful.

fryke: that it does, perfect. just what i was after. thank you.

the7artist7: wow, well that was above and beyond. just tested it and when i saw my beloved little media buddy pop up i was amazed. thank you very much!

i think that covers most if not all of my queries. thank you to all the helpful mac users, another reason to never go back.

james

Hey Purk155 you're welcome - just glad I can help! Haha - yea a little too much info - lol ;) I've heard of VLC before but never tried it out - looks like a pretty capable little player! Though I'm an iTunes man myself :)

i use vlc for video only, i can't speak highly enough about vlc but it does lack a little in audio usability.

And it lacks the possibility to open more than one video at the same time. (Of course I don't want to watch two videos at the same time, but I might want to pause one to shortly test another or something.) Still my favourite player. Just hope it gets the ability to open multiple files.

Back