Annoying persistent spam sender ....

Rhisiart

Registered
I get several spam emails a day from a company that I didn't know existed before the spam emails started arriving.

Clicking unsubscribe does nothing.

I have set up a filter in Mail Preferences to block the sender but the rule doesn't work for some reason. The emails keep coming despite always using the same email address.

I have also blocked the sender but the block does nothing.

Any suggestions anyone?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-26 at 10.45.44.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-01-26 at 10.45.44.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 5
I also get annoying spam from one annoying entity. Clicking on unsubscribe just justifies that it is going to a real person. And creating a rule sometimes does not work because of slight differences in either the subject line or the sender. There might be a space or period in the sender that is different each time they send it out. The title/subject line changes as well.

Instead of setting the rule to delete, have you tried enabling Junk mail in Mail's preferences? The app goes through a learning curve. You put in the Junk folder anything that you deem as spam. But you must also double check the Junk folder in case something goes in there that shouldn't. After a little while, it should work very well on it's own. I still check the folder to make sure nothing slips in that shouldn't.

While it is annoying, there really is nothing much we can do, except send it to junk or delete it manually.

I also get annoying spam from one annoying entity. Clicking on unsubscribe just justifies that it is going to a real person. And creating a rule sometimes does not work because of slight differences in either the subject line or the sender. There might be a space or period in the sender that is different each time they send it out. The title/subject line changes as well.

Instead of setting the rule to delete, have you tried enabling Junk mail in Mail's preferences? The app goes through a learning curve. You put in the Junk folder anything that you deem as spam. But you must also double check the Junk folder in case something goes in there that shouldn't. After a little while, it should work very well on it's own. I still check the folder to make sure nothing slips in that shouldn't.

While it is annoying, there really is nothing much we can do, except send it to junk or delete it manually.
Thanks Cheryl. A weird one this as each email has EXACTLY the same address (no spaces of periods)

Back