Annoying shutdown confirmation

martijnvandijk

Registered
Every time I want to shut down the Mac, Jaguar asks for confirmation: "Are you sure you would like to shut down the computer?" which I think is annoying.

Is there a way of deactivating this?
Thanks,

Martijn

Actually it does this by default no matter how you try to shutdown. So far havent found the pref pane to fix it yet.

Dave

Open the Apple menu. Look at the Restart and Shutdown options. They both have an ellipsis (...) after them. That means they'll open a dialog to ask you what you want to do when you click them. Keep watching them and push the Option key. The Ellipses dissapear! Yay! I love active menus. So, once again, holding down the option while clicking on restart or shut down will keep that nasty dialog box away.

Nosh

I want to press an extra key!
(NOT!) <-added

Originally posted by Nosh
Open the Apple menu. Look at the Restart and Shutdown options. They both have an ellipsis (...) after them. That means they'll open a dialog to ask you what you want to do when you click them. Keep watching them and push the Option key. The Ellipses dissapear! Yay! I love active menus. So, once again, holding down the option while clicking on restart or shut down will keep that nasty dialog box away.

Nosh

Back