Another Illustrator observation...

Lazzo

Registered
In a another thread, 'Quark 4.1 Screen Re-draw Problem', niallerc says Illustrator 10 is behaving badly on his Mac.

niallerc is not alone. It behaves badly for everybody. Today a client sent in PC versions of some Illus files, so I DL'd the PC Illus demo to run on the HP.

It's not my pleasure to inform you that the PC version is a dog too, with all the same probs as the Mac Illus. It's only slightly faster, only slightly more reliable. I was expecting much better performance.

In comparison, it's an absolute whizz in OS9!

Adobe may be having a bit of a tiff (sic) with Apple, but for me it looks like they're bugging down on XP as well. If I need to buy Illustrator for the PC, I'll think twice.

Adobe has said in the past that illustrator 9 and 10 were not the best. I guess they did a survey and most professionals were still on 8 because the other ones just didn't work well. They are going to try to fix that in 11.

We'll see. I 'spose they were in a hurry to compete with Freehand and the Corel suite. Quality gets customers, not who's first - otherwise we'd all still be driving Ford T's.

Back