Another whatcha think thread...

Heh, I like the opening options...And your "pain" story...Nicely illustrated. I think I can relate ;) . The site itself is nicely laid out and such. I have only one little piece of advice...That would be to learn CSS. I used to lay everything out in tables before, but no longer. Once I learned it, everything's like 100% easier. And that's where the web's going anyways. And I'd better stop before I go off on a wild tangent :p . Anyways, nice work!

Your style is along the same lines of mine... lots of illustrative vectors etc. and typographical (see this brochure... http://www.co-ord.com/cs_intnix.shtml )

Did you train as a graphic designer prior to getting into Web?

Only points to consider...

The site really looks like a Flash site, this would be fantastic... more animation and interaction.

;)

Originally posted by uoba

The site really looks like a Flash site, this would be fantastic... more animation and interaction.

;) [/B]

Hey, yeah! I never thought of that, mostly because I never use Flash. But your site seems like a natural candidate for a Flash version.

I was thinking flash too. But I got away from that. I tried to make a fast loading site. (the first version had heavy graphics). Maybe my Spring 2003 portfolio will be done in flash. Thanks guys.

Originally posted by uoba
Did you train as a graphic designer prior to getting into Web?

Nope. I have no training at all. Senior in high school, hoping to get into design. Trying to find some print work. There's nothing like having you work on paper. Plus, print is easier to do. No worrying about what platform/browser the viewer has. What monitor res is setup. It's just like this: "the page is x inches by x inches... now design!"

He he... I was the other way round, preferred web rather than print... means I don't have to deal with printers or clients complaining about a slight degree of colour change etc.

Ugh...I agree. I work in my school newspaper, and our printer is *awful*. The entire page varies the degrees of gray (it's a black and white newspaper). I'm not talking slight change. I'm talking light typography doesn't show up at all (or half doesn't) and darker pictures almost jet black. There's nothing we can do, because we can never predict exactly what the printer will screw up. :rolleyes:

I meant Printers as in the cavemen who print commercially ;o) A breed apart from Homosapians.

Well done Nummi! I've always been a fan of your work, but this time you've over done it! Amazing! :)

Back