Another whiner

I don't know, I have the same gripes about OSX, but it's not THAT bad. I made the dock transparent, now it's almost invisible. Yes, windows and menus take up much more space, that's annoying :(
Apple should DEFINITELY allow themes as built into the system.
Though the system does lock up quite a bit, you can always switch to another app and force quit the crazy app, or just wait for it to finish. You could never do that in 9. My BIGGEST gripe about OS X is the Finder. It just sucks when it comes to stability. It will give you the spinning cursor when you open a CD and another window at the same time, and then brings down the whole system. That's annoying. If it's gonna crash, don't make it take up all of the CPU while doing so :(

I still love OS X though, but it could use some improvement.

i guess it is the job of a reviwer, but i still have a problem with people suggesting because something doesn't work the way they think it should that it is "dismal". sure there are things i don't like about X, but were i asked to design an os that works perfectly for all kinds of users, i'd fall flat.

anyway, how seriously can i take someone who can't set the clock on their computer? the article says at the top, "Posted: 03/01/2002 at 08:26 GMT".
By my calculations, right now, it's 2/22/2002. Maybe I'll see the real version next week.

It is a UK website, and correspondingly does not have US date format.

The date shown is the 3rd Jan, not the first of March.

R.

well, i guess i'm the idiot. i suppose it was interesting that, read as a us format, it was exactly one week off. anyway, thanks for pointing out my error.

cheers

j

OK, I'm redirecting this one before it spins up again. We had 55 replies to this thread last time it came 'round, so please continue discussions here

Thanks

Back