Any 4D Developer Edition users?

Lazzo

Registered
Grrrrr, bark, woof

If anyone out there is using 4D Developer for making invoices I would appreciate some really simple help:

How to print:
I get the top half of two invoices printing out on one A4 sheet - and not even the right one(s). No lika!

How to make buttons work:
Any new buttons I put on the Form: [Invoice]Input doohickey are always greyed out - so naturally don't work. No lika!

How to get this field to function:
I want a 'total' field to automatically add up what's in the 'charge' field. That I'd lika! (only 'cos it'd be flashy)

Okay, so I may be thicker than a rhino's hide but the Jumpstart 4D manual seems to be written by a bloke who knows what he's doing, forgetting that I don't. Basically, I'm having difficulty finding the things exactly relevant to what I want.

This isn't a paid-for project, but sooner or later a client is going to ask for something like this and I'll wind up watching the dosh fly out the window!

Or do I switch to Filemaker Pro - is that easier?

Thanks!

Well, I'd really have to see your structure to be able to help out. Kinda hard to diagnose without seeing what you're doing...

One of my colleagues is writing me some sort of instruction leaflet, apparently he knows what he's doing...

However, as he's in and out of the country more times than a 747 I'll bear you in mind!

Back