any bigger DVD-R's out there besides 4.7 GB??

Keldud7

Registered
Hi there. I am trying to burn a DVD, but the DVD doesn't have enough space. I need more than 2 hours/4.7 GB. Does such a DVD-R exist? Or do I have to split it up into 2 discs? Thanks for any help...:)

Ive had the same problem. I know that the DVDs you buy with movies comercialy burned can hold up to like 7.84 GB or somthing like that. but Ive never been able to find this size for sale. so If anyone can explain that would be great.

Those are dual layer DVDs you can get them in the DVD-R format. The problem is that not all burners can handle the dual layer disks and they are comparably expensive ( a quick google search says they are about 10 times the price of single layer disks).

All of this together basically means that no one is going to buy one unless the really need ti and you most likely will not see them at your local Walmart.

You can get a pack of DVD-DL+R at Walmart in a 3 pack for $11.98. Where you can get a 3 pack of SL DVD's for as little as $3.00.

Toast will span Multiple DVD's.

Popcorn™ 2 helps you easily make high quality copies of your DVDs and movies. Powerful Fit-to-DVD™ compression technology fits an entire 9 GB DVD video onto a standard 4.7 GB disc.

Bob has it right. Toast7 or Popcorn will automagically compress
and burn. With awfully good video results.

Before you even think about a DL disc (and use the +R persuasion
for best compatibility) see if your drive can use it. Go to System
Profiler and look under the ATA section. That'll tell you the brand
and model of superdrive you have. Then check the manufacturer's
site or videohelp.com (DVD Writers tab on the left) and see what
the beast can deal with.

Note: in videohelp, don't search on "matshita." Use "Panasonic"
or just the model number, say "835." The 835 does do DLs.

Back