Any body still using an Apple II in a lab or something similar ?

chevy

Marvelous Da Vinci
Staff member
Mod
Any body still using an Apple II in a lab or something similar ?

I paid my student room during my studies (early 80's) by developing software for a swiss insurance company on an Apple II. But I must admit that this is not used anymore now....

I can imagine someone still uses an AppleII in a lab or something similar...

Tell us !

I found an old macintosh Rev B i think. Its running OS 6 and in the "About this mac" panel is says "made by steve and woz" among two other people. But now it is hanging on startup. It beeps every 5 seconds. Know how to fix this?

I propose you onpen it, take out all the dust, remove memories, clean up the contact (an eraser does it very well) and reinstall the memory... and try to restart.

Don't touch the video line (high voltage may remain even after you have taken the plug out).

I did that type of things quite often... with Apple IIs, TV and HiFi... always trying to reuse old electronics.

I never had to do that with a Mac until now.

Originally posted by Matrix Agent
I found an old macintosh Rev B i think. Its running OS 6 and in the "About this mac" panel is says "made by steve and woz" among two other people. But now it is hanging on startup. It beeps every 5 seconds. Know how to fix this?

I didn't think Woz worked on the mac??

I've got an entire lab's worth of Apple IIgs systems out in my garage. My school district "decomissioned" them a few years back, and I was a good candidate to claim them for experimentation purposes. My main IIgs currently has 5 MB of RAM, a 170 MB hard disk, a stock IIgs RGB color monitor, a video digitizer card, an external modem, and 4 floppy drives (both sizes.) The only things I'm lacking are an accelerator, a joystick, and a SCSI card. Then I could play Wolfenstein 3D and use my CD-ROM drive. Who needs cutting edge technology?

I've limited my Apple II use to emulators, no space in my room for the actual unit :p I used to use one about 6 years ago for programming in BASIC :)

ThinnkingDiff: Steve Wozniak (Woz) built the Apple I and all the Apple ][ prototypes and was very influential in all later hardware builds up to his departure from Apple.

Back