Any guitar players?

JohnnyV

Registered
I'm trying to learn to play (acoustic) guitar. Can anyone recommend some good (easy) songs for a beginner? I'm not taking lessons (yet), so my knowledge is limited, but I do play two other instruments.

Oh, and post pics of your guitars :)

lol... umm, how long have u been playing?
try to learn smells like teen spirit by nirvana, it's the first song i've ever learnt how to play;)
i'll show u a pic of me with my guitar 2 years ago:
androo1.jpg

i learned to play guitar by listening to lots of Black Sabbath. just start with a simple song...Nirvana is actually a good suggestion, if you want to play rock. their songs are quite easy.

i've been playing since 96'.

here are my two Gibsons and my Marshall:

Attachments

• guitars.jpg
    guitars.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 10
all the songs u can imagine:
http://mxtabs.net/

The above site for tabs is not bad, except you get atleast one if not two annoying pop ups after every song or band search. There are many other less annoying tabs sites out there.

calliex

I was aware that mxtabs.net has good tabs, and I usually use guitartabs.cc for my tabs. I was looking more along the lines of actual names of songs that are good for beginners. I've been trying to play some Nirvana :) I really don't care waht type of music it is, as long as its easy for beginners :)

Originally posted by callieX
all the songs u can imagine:
http://mxtabs.net/

The above site for tabs is not bad, except you get atleast one if not two annoying pop ups after every song or band search. There are many other less annoying tabs sites out there.

calliex

Give us the links !

Learn to play something simple like something by greenday (when i come around), nirvana "smells like teen spirit", or if you're EXTremELY a begginerre, then marry had a little lamb; one song i love playing.

I've been playing guitar for 9 years now, and I started out with stuff like Nirvana, Greenday and Offspring *Shivers at the music he listened to back then*...

If you can get your hands on any songs by swedish patriot-rockers Ultima Thule their music is a great base for not-too-experienced guitarplayers. But I guess that the music looses it meaning if you can't understand the words... :eek:

Back