Any leaked screens of 10.3 out there?

Like I said, I think the ones on Apple-X are real, I think that KSV's is a fraud though ;)

I could be wrong though :)

Defently not real. Those are server icons, and even I could toss together that about box in IB and make it look good.

Originally posted by BBenve
Well.. you cannt copy the app from server to client...it won t work.. i tried..i have the server version and i tried that myself...
Panther won t havethose app since they are server specific...and i seriously doubt apple will give the only app that make Server different from client for free in panther....

Nexw App with those icons.. i doubt it.. since an icon is a trademark something that describes the app... he coud have got the icons... true..; but very unlikely.. not saying impossible...
plus why showing a build screenshoot.. if he has Panther.. why doesn t he show us the COOL stuff...????

I rest my case

While I'm sure ksv's pic is probably a fake (anyone remember the Palm running OS X?), you can actually get those icons on a non-server machine. There is an Admin Tools disk that ships with OS X Server. It allows you to install those tools on an OS X client system so that you can remotely administer the server. Although I'm not sure you could install the Jaguar Server admin tools on a Panther client.

I hope you all read what KSV was _writing_ inside the screenshot (plus the smiley). Let's only talk about the apple-x.net shots for now, please...

And that proved you got the server icon on the dock..not that the app is running.......NeXT please... plus the BUILD NUMBER AND THE VERSION have never been in the same box..... you need to click to switch between the 2 and i am talking about the Apple-x pics on that one

Originally posted by BBenve
And that proved you got the server icon on the dock..not that the app is running.......NeXT please... plus the BUILD NUMBER AND THE VERSION have never been in the same box..... you need to click to switch between the 2 and i am talking about the Apple-x pics on that one

Good grief. If you purchased OS X Server you know it came with the Admin Tools disk. Put that disk in a non-server box and install the tools. Then if you go to /Applications/Utilities you'll see these new icons. When you double-click them, guess what?... they launch and you can remotely administer an OS X Server box!:eek: Holy crap! That must be some kinda voodoo or something.

Sorry for the sarcastic tone, but I feel like you're pretty much calling me a liar without coming right out and saying it.

oh, here:

Maybe i'm getting the wrong end of the stick here but are you saying the server admin apps wiil not work on client!! because they do!! I control may Jag server via my Ti Powerbook running client Jag with no problems, I just copied the apps across the network

Nah, that is just what they have been arguing about. cybergoober is saying that they do work

KSV that is a fake...simple reason..you have a Srver edition of OS X since there are the icon from the server version on your dock..but the about box sais Mac OS X ...and not Server.... you should have hided those icons... nice try nice PS...but try again

I didn't even use PS for that one, Terminal and some basic knowledge is enough :D
Those icons are there because I remotely administer a server - how else do you think Xserves are managed?

I hope you all read what KSV was _writing_ inside the screenshot (plus the smiley). Let's only talk about the apple-x.net shots for now, please...

ssh! :confused:

While I'm sure ksv's pic is probably a fake (anyone remember the Palm running OS X?)

It's called e.sync actually and is in beta stage right now :rolleyes:

Oh, and here's the latest build of 10.3 - 7L19. It comes with PinkPantherTunes installed :p

7L19.jpg

Well, at least both of you are fair hands with Photoshop :)
I say KSV did a better job though ;)
Giaguara: what is it about you an terminals when you take screen shots?

... Just because I use them all the time anyway? (And I didn't do anything more than 60 % size ... ) ::angel::

Oooooooooh.
For me then it would probably be Safari and TextEdit and Safari and Deimos Rising and Safari and Terminal and Safari and Fireworks and Safari and iChat and Safari and Mail and blah and Safari and blah and Safari and blah and Safari.... ;)

I think I accidentally got some misdirected mail... after installing the unlabelled CD, I now apparently have OS X 10.4 (Kitten). I'd post screen shots, but I'll probably have Jobs, himself, knocking down my door with the Apple Secret Police! Anyway, I think I'm going to just seal this up really carefully and forward it to its intended recipient...

PS. Just wait until this is out!!! This things looks 'adorable!'

how come KSV's screen shot has a copyright of 2004 and Giaguara's has a copyright of 2003 (in the "about this mac" window)? strange huh *sarcasm*

KSV's doesnt have the build number either... Im not sure if that makes it valid or not, because I would think that a beta version would have the build number (like safari does).

Oh well, looks like we're waiting till june for some real info...

Hey, even the normally released stuff have the build number. So a closeup from the previous...

panther_about.jpg

Your turn ksv ... ;)

Back