Any newton users out there ?

AdmiralAK

Simply Daemonic
Quite simple actually ;)
Does anyone else on here use a newton?
if yes what kind ? (and what accessories fo you have?)

Admiral

Just me and Dorn out here who ever use (or used) Newtons? (In all these years...)
Not possible ;) (well, my ex had a Newton too, a 2100). I've got a 2000.

I've used the eMate way back when I was still working as a tech at my other schools in the late 90s. Great little device. At the schools I'm at now, one of them has an eMate also, but unfortunately it's missing items that will make it useful, like the power supply. :(

Hm.. try finding those items on eBay? Or on the board here as well, and other buy&sell things.. if someone would have had his/her eMate break down, they still might have the rest of the items, still usable for other users?
And more Newton magic: well, Dorn is my true love (like Shrek for Fiona), and actually the first thing ever I went to talk about to him was if he'd knew where to find some Newton software. :D
Oh, I've got a keyboard for the Newton.. if it counts as an accessory.

I'm curious to find out if there are any 802.11 wireless cards out there for the likes of the eMate. It has that PC card slot, so I figure a wireless card would make a nice addition to the eMate. :)

Actually, I have 5x Newton MP 100s, a MP 120, and a 2100. Pretty sure I have a keyboard and a box of newton modems somewhere (pretty sure they were used in the modemino movie from ages ago).

Also a stack of old Newton developer CDs and general promo stuff like that :)
Regards,

D.

AdmiralAK said:
if yes what kind ?
Newton 120 plus a 4 MB flash card (as if I had to tell you that ;) )

...though I've been thinking of trying to find a later model, the 120 I have does most every thing I need right now. I sync it with my Address Book and iCal (when I actually use iCal :rolleyes: ), and I keep a number of books on it for reading or reference (including an Irix installation guide and A/UX FAQs).

On a recent trip to California I took both my Newton and my (wife's) iPod Shuffle with me. They covered all the needs I had while I was there.

Still got an eMate 300 lying around. Once a year I charge its batteries to see whether it still works fine. I intend to still have that baby when I'm old. ;) Used to write a lot of stories on the thing, but when newer Macs made it difficult to transfer stuff, I switched to other mobile hardware for writing stories on the road.

Racer! long time! :)
I am thinking of what cool things I can do with mine :)
Do you have your manuals in PDF format? or did you actually convert them to newtonbooks :eek: ?!

I would like to find some sort of way to use UTF-8 on the newton. My contacts are in unicode. ROman characters come out fine, but Greek ones...dont ask :p.
If could find that, I would create a wireless newton webserver and/or net-station ;) Just place it on a cradle like device, attach my newton keyboard to it and have it powered up :) I still marver at how technologically advanced the unit was and still is! My Blue Angel (windows mobile smartphone) is just barely touching the levels of my newton - Compatibility and size were still an issue (and the risk of damaging it) that is why I dont use it as much :)

There is a newton emulator out, not working 100% and you need to extract the newton ROMs to make it work, but it shows promise :D

AdmiralAK said:
Do you have your manuals in PDF format? or did you actually convert them to newtonbooks :eek: ?!
I found them as newtonbooks and as I have a few systems running those operating systems I thought it would be handy to have those references there.

I've been meaning to convert stuff to newtonbook form but just haven't gotten around to it.

There is a newton emulator out, not working 100% and you need to extract the newton ROMs to make it work, but it shows promise :D
Cool!

I was looking at NewtonWorks recently, but I really need a bigger resolution display for that. Part of the reason for thinking about a 2100.

It'll have to wait for now though, I just bought a PowerBook Duo 2300c on ebay for school. :D

Back