Any ogg to mp3 converters?

Hidden Gekko

3 Years and 100 Posts 0_o
I really want to convert these really nice Unreal 2004 ogg files to mp3s and put 'em on my iPod, but I can't seem to find an ogg to mp3 coverter. iTunes doesn't do ogg files, and I only get craptastic results when I search. Is there anything out there?

Thank ya :D

iTunes can use whatever codecs Quicktime has installed, so if you find yourself an ogg codec you should be able to convert the files to mp3, aac or whatever; I don't use ogg so I'm not sure where to get a codec but I'd imagine there will be one around on versiontracker or the like.

there is an .ogg codec for itunes and quicktime on versiontracker.com. once its installed, you can import all your .oggs into itunes. ctrl-click the song, and select "convert selection to mp3/aac." itunes will make a temporary playlist of songs being converted, and an aac or mp3 track will appear in your library, id3 tags intact.

But the iPod doesn't support ogg, so even if you have .ogg files and can play them in iTunes they will not be transfered onto your iPod.

right, but you can use itunes to take .ogg tracks and duplicate them as mp3 or acc. then, put those on the iPod.

Back