Anybody else not renewing their .Mac account?

Found a fantastic hosting company - Penguin Computing Services (http://www.pcs-net.com). Basic hosting is only £9.99 ($15) a year and the specs are pretty good, as is their tech support. I'm going to upgrade to the reseller account when I can.

I've decided not to renew mine. I actually unchecked the auto-renew box the other day....Mine doesn't expire until sometime in October...that will give me time to let people (businesses included) know that I won't have it anymore.

I have also backed everything stored on my iDisk up to CD...

I just realized they offer you a present when you renew. Games for something around 40Euro or credit note for 20Euro. Hmmmmm...
How are those games?

I am betting that quite a few people will
NOT renew - that will possibly force Apple to lower the price.

If this happens, i will renew.

I am going to renew. I like the easy web hosting and the mac email account and the idisk. If I had broadband at home I would use it more. I hope we get broadband sometime this year. I figure I had it for a year and a half for $50. In that year I got 100 free pictures, some games, free training,etc.
I have to admit the backup, isync and ical do not have any value for me right now. Without a broadband connection somethings about .Mac are worthless. I am lucky to have a lap top and a fast connection at work. Without that I would not renew.

Hey things cost money. Not everything can be for free. Sure there a cheaper web hosting, free email, etc. But for $100 (with the free prize $80) to have everthing in one place and being easy to use to boot I can't complain.

A Versiontracker Plus account is certainly worth something. :) But I've switched to MacUpdate some time ago, as they're basically offering everything VT+ offers for free...

(Apple announced new freebies for .mac users today...)

Back