Anyone able to...

BSDimwit

Registered
I have a nokia 8290 cell phone... I can make my work laptop(pc) connect to my isp via its IR port through my cell phone. My powerbook has an IR port on it too. Has anyone gotten their laptop to be able to dial out via its IR port through a cell phone to their isp? I tried but the nokia Infrared and nokia_ir drivers don't seem to work... I just hate it when my pc can do something my mac can't...

I can't get it to work either....

Send me a cell phone and PowerBook and I'll work on it, though... :D

I don't have either one...

I too, have a PowerBook G4 (500) and a Nokia 8290... I haven't tried to get this to work, but I'll work on this tonight (when I get free minutes), and I'll tell you how to work it, if I get it going...

Should have run a search first... Silly me.

Got this from Mac Hints at

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20020306201859628

The modem scripts for Nokia phones (Nokia_IR and Nokia Infrared) supplied with 10.1 don't seem to work (I'm currently on 10.1.3 and this hasn't been corrected yet). However the OS 9 scripts seem to work (I'm on 9.2.2) so I simply replaced the "Nokia Infrared" script in "Library/Modem Scripts" with the one in "System Folder/Extensions/Modem Scripts".

Even though the scripts are marked as the same version, when compared in BBEdit, there are some differences, including one to the modem initialization string.

Enjoy Adambyte

Back