Anyone does some C++ Programming?

Teo

Registered
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone who does some serious C++ programming could tell me how they do. I've been trying to compile my applications under os X (using gcc, powerbuilder, ...) and each time I do have the same problem : libstdc++ doesn't seem to contain all the classes/methods at all!! some sstream, ios and bits/* are badly missing.

So, I'd like to know if someone here is doing some C++ dev? And how do they manage to compile their code (which exploits lots of the c++ lib fonctionnality)?

I tried to recompile libstdc++-v3 without any success, so once again, if someone have been able to do such a thing, I'll be REALLY happy to have some pointers, hints, tricks, ...

How can Apple is going to survive if we can't even port some C++ applications to OS X ...

Thanks a lot for your help,

-teo.

Teo

Registered
Hi,

So could you point me to some applications you've been compiling using C++ and including some sstream, ostream, ios, bits/*, std/* files ... that would be a good way for me to look at their makefile and source code ....

Thanks a lot,

-teo.

ladavacm

Unperson Spotter
is unfortunately a known fact. Fortunately, there is a port of SGI STL which works fine, and is a superset of the standart library. There is a port for FreeBSD, and it should work on MOSX

rharder

Do not read this sign.
If you get STLport4 from their site, you won't be able to compile it, but there's a great patch buried in the OpenOffice source distribution (and indicated in the MacOS X build docs) that will let you compile it and use SGI STL streams and all their other goodies.

-Rob

baobao

Registered
I ported my 30K-lines SGI C++ code without problems, under OS X Public Beta. Apparently the SGI STL is used automatically, as I had to use the quirky 'algo.h' header. I used the 'c++' compiler in the makefile. The same code compiles under IRIX, OS X, and Mac OS 9/Codewarrior. I hope it still compiles under 10.0, but I don't dare to try...