Anyone familar with Dubai?

Randman

HA! HA! HA!
Looks as if I'll be making my first trip to the Middle East later this month. Wanted to see if anyone here is from Dubai, or has been there. And recommendations, suggestions, comments, etc. Thanks.

My father has few business partners over there and he had been there for few times. Will ask him about some recommendations. But one is a must-see: Burj al-Arab.
You will pay a lot of money to enter this hotel but my father loved it and he said it was really worth.

Yeah, was planning on seeing it (it'll be a long time before I can get a room there :D ). Figure some of the souks, especially the electronics. Was also wondering about restaurants, etc. Also, if there's any Apple stores or good places to check out stuff.

Arab Business Machines is the Apple distributor for much of the Mid-East, located in Dubai. Their website is http://www.appleme.co.ae/ but it's just an apple mirror with arabic.

I seem to recall that Applewhore was working there, or at least in the Emirates and the gulf area.

You can get an iMac G5 for less than one some of the rooms there and that's not even getting into the high range. I've heard it's spectacular but it also calls out for bling-bling with a capital BLING.

Back