Anyone got a Logitech Cordless Desktop keyboard?

Lyra

Registered
I've spent the weekend gazing admiringly at the image and review of the Logitech Cordless Desktop MX in this month's MacFormat and rationalising why I need a new keyboard and mouse ...:cool:

Has anyone got one? If so, what do you think of it? Does it do what it says on the tin? Is it 'plug and play' (dual 1.2 GHz G4).

Please help support my shopping habit.

This?

I'd say go for it. On their website, they say it's Mac compatible, and I would have no reason to doubt them, since Logitech makes great stuff. However, I would suggest you look for a Bluetooth keyboard as well, as all BT products take a single adaptor, and you don't need line-of-sight as you do with most wireless peripherals.

I would imagine that keyboard would be completely plug'n'play, instead of plug'n'pray like in Windows, and it might even be customizable via USB Overdrive (though you might have to use it as a joystick).

I have one of the previous versions, the Elite Pro or some such. It works just fine.

I don't have the keyboard, but I do have the MX700 cordless mouse and it's the best mouse I've ever used.

I also have the previous model. It's a hell until you download and install drivers. You may also look into the software following it and assign one key to "Eject"

Once you have this up and running (an hour, max) you're gonna wonder how you did without it. I love this keyboard. Also, I felt that the mouse was more responsive with Mac than with Windows, dunno why, but it was...still not a corded mouse thou...

This is just what I wanted to hear. None of my usual online stores has it, which is a shame, but I found somewhere that has it for £20 less than on the Logitech site, so I reckon that's a good omen. ;)

Voice, I've found that mice are much more responsive on Mac than on Windows in general. They seem to track better on Macs; mousing around is much smoother and more accurate. I've never figured out why, either.

Lyra, if you have spare $ (or £, in your case), by all means get the keyboard. I'm sure you'll enjoy it once you get the driver issues worked out and everything.

Back