Anyone Have Problems With Letters Wearing Out On Keyboard?

Amie

Mac Convert for Life
I've only had my iBook for four or five months and already the D and N keys are wearing off. Anyone else have this problem? I bought my laptop from my local Apple store. If I take my computer back to the store, will they replace the keys for free? Think I should go to the trouble and do it, or just forget about it? It functions great, and this is purely a cosmetic issue. It's not a big deal, but my iBook is practically brand new! Any advice?

I would take it back to the Apple store. If they say they won't do anything about it, get loud, very loud.

Just came back from the Apple store not more than 15 minutes ago ... with a brand-new keyboard. It was no problem at all. Walked in, told him that three of my letter keys were wearing off, waited a few minutes while he finished up with the computer he was working on, popped my keyboard off, popped the new on, signed a piece of paper and walked out the door. I'm a happy Mac user once again. :D

Oh... uh... that "piece of paper" you signed... I guess you didn't read it... 'cause... uh.... well, you've actually signed a contract to sell your soul for a new keyboard. Steve Jobs own your soul... you really should read the fine print.

;) I kid.

adambyte said:
Oh... uh... that "piece of paper" you signed... I guess you didn't read it... 'cause... uh.... well, you've actually signed a contract to sell your soul for a new keyboard. Steve Jobs own your soul... you really should read the fine print.

;) I kid.
I'm so Mac obsessed ... I just might've been willing. ;)

While a Mac is under Warranty I don't believe they will argue much with a customer. I had a G3 PB that died three days before the warranty was up. The Apple Care guy said it sounded suspicious, and after inspecting my PB if they felt I tempered with it, I would have to pay for the repairs. I complained to his supervisor about him making acquisitions, they apologized sex different ways, and repaired my PB without question.

Back