Anyone having draw problems with Sim City 4?

Guzz2k

Registered
I've checked and rechecked all the system requirements for the game and I'm rockin' it, so I don't know why the game gets all messed up. For no apparent reason, blocks and lines of other parts of the city view show up and the next thing I know, I have a fragmented world with cars driving through houses.

Suggestions are appreciated.

No problem with my new SimCity 4.
It's a strange behaviour...

Sorry, i can't help u. :( :( :(

I'm running a 15" PowerBook G4 with a 1 GHz chip, 512 MB RAM and 24 gigs of free space on the HD. I'm not sure what 3D acceleration chip I have, but I think it's the NVidia GeForce.

You know what? Forget about it. I called Aspyr's help line and they told me it was a one letter spelling error in a text file that was messing it up. They had me change that one character and now it's running like it's got a doctorate in smooveology.

I'll put it this way. There isn't a Macintosh around that will play SimCity4 decently. Course there really isn't a pc that will either.

Wow, the games board moves slow....

In any case, about SC4: anyone figured out how to use USGS data in the game?

Hey: how is the gameplay? I was thinking about buying it but I'm not sure if I should or not.

Is it really any different than SimCity 3? Do you guys like playing it? Lemme know you're thoughts.

It's not that different from 3 in the larger sense. The main difference (besides the graphics) is that you can micromanage things and create a series of cities that live off each other. It's pretty fun; you create this huge city with all sorts of industry and then link quiet little suburbs and farm towns to it.

You have problems guys... What should I say? SC4 hasn't even been released across European countries.

I checked out the PC version and I liked it. Although, I only created a small town, I realized that graphics might turn out slow on larger scenarios. I own an iMac, 700 Mhz, 768Mb Ram. Is it still fun to play? What would you say?

You know what? Forget about it. I called Aspyr's help line and they told me it was a one letter spelling error in a text file that was messing it up. They had me change that one character and now it's running like it's got a doctorate in smooveology.

do you mind telling me what it is that you changed...i'm having the same problem.

Back