Anyone here running an iPhone in New Zealand?

JeffCGD

Registered
I've discovered that Vodaphone here in New Zealand has an EDGE based network option, and I've heard that at least a couple of people here in NZ who have imported their own iPhones to run on it, now that they've been unlocked from AT&T.

Is there anyone here (or know anyone) from NZ that has done this, and would be willing to let me pick their brains on the various issues that might need considering before I do the same?

Can't think of any reason it shouldn't work : )
EDGE should be quite straight forward to configure.

I now know that there are no problems running an iPhone on Vodaphone NZ's EDGE network. There is even a company importing them from the US. They do not perform the unlocking, but that is (relatively) trivial to accomplish, thanks to the iPhone Dev Team.

... until Apple releases the v1.1.1 update, I guess. I'm really *not* looking forward to people screaming "foul!" because their "freed" iPhones are now, well, bricks.

No one can FORCE you to update the firmware. They can only entice you with added features. I also give it about a week total before Apple's firmware is hacked or worked around, before the unlocked phones are free again, if the PSP modding community is anything to go by.

Back