Anyone in Europe received their pbook yet?

jcart12

Registered
I ordered my 1ghz, 1gb, super-drive on the first date. It was due to arrive today, but the flight from Taiwan has been delayed!

So I have to wait till Monday, drats. Another weekend.

I just wondered if they're starting to be seen in Europe yet?

John.

...we had 2 TiBooks G4/867 last week here in our company!

Also, we will have one more tomorrow (29/11/2002) for another customer and one more next week...

But the G4/1GHz is a sad story: The Rainbow Computers (Apple here in Greece) told us to expect our order of 2 such beasts to be delivered somewhere between 9-20 of December... :confused:

What makes me mad is that one of those beasts is mine! :mad:

PC notebooks are too hot but I guess so are TiBooks as well.

That's certainly one thing I don't miss about my TiBook 667 DVI.

THe delivery company is the thing that annoys me, TNT here in France.

You have the web-page link from your apple order which is useless, only shows what has happened and it doesn't really interest me where they're going to do product merge, but I would like to know what bloody date they think it will be delivered to me. I'ts been at the depot since Thursday as far as I can discern.

I phoned Apple and they told me that it is not TNT policy to indicate the delivery date, which is stupid because when they try to deliver and I'm not there they will have to leave a phone number and what will we do? Arrange a day and time. Why they can't do it the first time around I don't know. Afterall it must be costing them more money to make the trip twice.

John.

Dear All,

I order my PowerBook G4 1GHz a few weeks ago. Still waiting. UK buyer.

The estimate is 3 weeks! Hmm... That is a long time.

Last week supposedly we would have a TiBook 867 (29/11/2002) and one more this week...

Hey! Guess what? We will have tomorrow the one we waited for 29/11/2002 and the other one will come NEXT week :mad:

And of course the TiBook 1GHz remains a sad story: The Rainbow Computers (Apple here in Greece) told us to expect our order of 2 such beasts to be delivered somewhere between 16-23 of December... :eek:

I want my TiBook 1GHz and I want NOW... :mad:

Got my 1ghz Superdrive today. First things I noticed.

a) The screen is beautiful and bright, I had to set the brightness down to 50% to get the same level as my old 500.
b) Fan seems to be on more often than my 500Mhz but is much quieter.
c) Keyboard is much firmer, but that could be just that my old keyboard is knackered after so much overuse
d) Did I say it was fast? It's fast.

That's all I have noticed for now. Hope the paint stays on this one better than the last.

John.

how about the viewangle of the screen? Since it's weide, I discovered on older models, that you see the corners much less contrasted than the middle. Quite annoying. Still the same?
And can you finally set a higher refreshrate for the DVI/VGA-out than just 75Hz? Usefull for LCDs, but stupid for CRT-Screens...

Wow, that sounds just too nice... I want a new PowerBook, too... *snif* ...

The wide angle is definitely better. The luminosity of the screen is just incredible. The one thing I have noticed is that the screen seems to have a brownish tint when viewed from an angle greater than 40% from the front. Strange, but it still is ledgible.

Running Java apps causes the fan to come on quite often and the speed improvement over my 500Mhz is astounding but noticeable.

Don't know about the external refresh rate, don't have an external monitor and I tend to only s-video for presenting training material.

That's all for now.

Yup. Second that about the screens. I ordered mine and it was delivered in the UK last week. Glad I got the order in and could double the RAM, which they have now stopped in UK.

What a nice bit of kit. I have it sitting next to my old Sony screen which now looks really dull and low resolution compared o the Powerbook.

Fan comes on a lot no matter what, but it is very responsive. I have not played with a 1 GHz before, but this is nice. And the graphics are gorgeous.

Now, if only I could find a way to play sound nput through a microphone out through te headphone socket.....

Andrew

Back