Anyone know if local Apple stores sell Macs with upgraded RAM?

freaky

OSXer
I know local Apple stores usually just sell the base model computers.

Does anyone know if I could buy a MacBook from a store with more RAM than the base model or would I have to order this online from their website? You'd think since it's such an easy thing to do, that this would be possible but you never know.

I don't think Apple retail stores offer memory upgrades, though the geniuses will probably do the work for you if you ask. Some other authorized resellers sell upgraded models; Small Dog is one such place. My recommendation, however, would be to buy the non-upgraded model you wish, buy your desired memory upgrade from Other World Computing, and return the module(s) that came with your Mac to OWC for a rebate.

Only problem with that is the MacBook Air's do not have upgradable RAM, which I'm sure you know, so I'd have to do the upgrade with them.

With the other models than MacBook Air, yes, they do sell and do upgrades. As in get a RAM upgrade and they will install that RAM.
Or if you buy the RAM somewhere else they can install for a fee - at least that was possible a few years ago.

Back