Anyone know if there will be a fix for iTunes soon?

alra111

Registered
As many of you may have realized, the new version of iTunes is slightly crippled...it "beachballs" you left and right, and importing any CD comes with a requisite pause for no apparent reason during each and every song imported. There are hundreds of posts of people complaining at the apple.com forums. Anyone know of a temporary patch we can do on our own to alleviate this, or should we just wait for Apple, which we all trust is hard at work on an update for this, iTunes being the centerpiece of their software repertoire and all, correct?

By the way, this is iTunes 7.6 I'm talking about. Tried to roll back to the previous version but it could not read the database generated by this version.

Thanks,
Alra111

Tiger here, latest updates all installed. No problems with iTunes at all. If anything it seems to run much smoother with less problems overall. Might be one of the many issues with Leopard i've seen on various boards.

—Technophobe

Tiger and iTunes 7.6... Runs smooth, i'm with Technophobe on this one.

Alra, you can try out the Mozilla SONGBIRD, it has a similar interface as iTunes and you can run that while you discover a fix!

Best,

CaribbeanOS-X

Back