anyone know the "simple HP settings"????

concettaz

Registered
In the middle of a printing job, my HP PSC 1315xi AIO quit. It has been telling me to check my print cartridges, and my HP software tells me my HP black cartridge is suddenly "incompatible". (It is 50% full, and installed correctly.)

I am not sure, but I think this was my first print job since upgrading from 10.4.6 to 10.4.8.

I have been struggling with the poor excuse HP offers for free tech support for machines that are out of warranty (mine is a little more than a year old). Chat is not available for Macs, so it's very slow email support for us.

I have unplugged and replugged. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have reset. I have checked for driver updates (none). I have cleaned connections, per their instructions. Printer still does not work, with or without my laptop.

The last 2 suggestions their email support has given me were:
1) buy a new ($20) black cartridge and see if that helps. Thank you, but the cartridge I have is fine and has been fine.
2) since the cartridge is under warranty, I can call tech support for $30, and they will replace the $20 cartridge. No, I'm not kidding.

So I called HP. I have gone too many days without a printer, waiting for their daily emails.
Some of the worst customer service I have ever received.
I was told that this was a very minor problem which could be solved easily by changing some settings - but that I had to pay $30 for the tech call. No ifs, ands, or buts.
This printer cost $70 (and has served me well).

Anyone out there know the "easy settings" I can change to restore my printer?

If not, anyone have a good suggestion for an inexpensive NON-HP All-in-One printer? :crazy: :crazy:

Back