Anyone Manchester, Uk tomorrow (Feb 17)?

I'm poor too. I think I'm going to go home and weep quietly. Why can't they hold these things at the end of the month when people have been paid? Sheer lack of consideration, I call it. Oh well, I'll have a 21-inch cinema display one day, oh yes. Probably about the time you've all got 3D VR projection tubes with olfactory add-ons and Rumblechairs, but one day, oh yes....

uoba said:
Mersssssseyside! (A little seaside town called West Kirby).

Heyup! I'm forty-five minutes from another direction; between Barnsley and Doncaster...

I'll have a Dual G5, 40gb iPod, bag of mints and 200 Embassy!! I'm also just down the road in Leeds, 60mins away!

How many Brits / people living in Britain are there on boards? :) Anyone close to Birmingham / London / Scotland / Ireland etc ..? If I'll travel somewhere.. ;) it could be fun to see.

Based only those I've met here, I'd say there's about 5 or six of us.

But this is only guess based on things said, writing style, terms and slang [usually expletives! :eek:] et cetera...

I'm sure there's a load more which don't post (we're a shy bunch). Seems as if Northerner's rule on here (except for CockneyGeezer, guess his name is a bit of a giveaway!)

As for anyone being close to Birmingham, London, Scotland, and Ireland... you've covered the whole country with that phrase! :)

Zammy-Sam said:
I was close to consider a RyanAir ticket... ;)

Are you sure about that? The way things are going for RyanAir at the minute, you'll be sticking your arms out of the window and flapping them...

octane said:
Are you sure about that? The way things are going for RyanAir at the minute, you'll be sticking your arms out of the window and flapping them...
don't forget needing holes for your legs for take off - a la Fred Flintstone! :D

Oh, yup - I'm a Brit too - but a bit further away... in Dubai! No chance of me getting to the sales! :rolleyes:

So how do I get my name in orange with a little blue line under it? I'm jealous! ::evil::

So Applewhore, when you're not sunning yourself in Dubai, where do you get all of your flood rain when in the UK?

octane said:
So how do I get my name in orange with a little blue line under it? I'm jealous! ::evil::
very easy - just make a donation to macosx.com!!! ::angel::

octane said:
So Applewhore, when you're not sunning yourself in Dubai, where do you get all of your flood rain when in the UK?
my parents now have a house in Norfolk where I visit them when I go back (which is rare - 'cos I like sunning myself here! ;) )

But I was born in Harrogate - funny how many Brits around here are from the North! :confused:

applewhore said:
... Funny how many Brits around here are from the North! :confused:

Shhh! If Cockneygeezer comes on-line, he might the hump!.. ;)

Only kidding! Come one, come all...

I'm not a Brit, but I'm in the UK. Currently in Oxford. No, I don't study at *the* Oxford...

Viro said:
I'm not a Brit, but I'm in the UK. Currently in Oxford. No, I don't study at *the* Oxford...

Then there's not much chance of you getting up to Manchester, then?

Especially from Oxford...

Back