Anyone running Entourage 2008?

twister

Howdy
Just wondering if anyone has upgraded to Entourage 2008 yet? It looks kind of nice but my concern is if calendars can sync with iCal or even Google Calendar.

I work in an office that is hardcore Outlook users and my biggest pet peeve is all the calendar requests I get. Thunderbird + Lightning do OK, but I can't send acceptances or automatically modify the calendar when an update notification comes though.

I'm on 10.4.x at work and Mail doesn't do much with Outlook meeting requests. So I'm contemplating Entourage 2008. In order for this to work though, I need to get an iCal file out of Entourage.

Thoughts?

Entourage works with Microsoft Exchange Server... any other calendar syncing is simply dumb luck really. I don't have Office 2008 yet, but I suspect nothing has changed from the last version. You're probably not going to get the best results... but who knows, it could happen.

It will synce with iCal ... well ... what Entourage does is sets up a new calendar in iCal titled "Entourage". You can create entries in iCal, and as long as you put them in the Entourage calendar, they will sync with the program.
I did this, moved all my events into the Entourage calendar in iCal, and was able to used "Missing Sync" to continue to sync it all with my BlackBerry.

I'm thinking of doing the same, what will that do then if I receive calendar events, and meetings from the other Outlook 2003 / Outlook 2007 users on my network at work? Will I be able to view/import them into my iCal / Entourage Cal ?

Thanks

Thanks BikerRob. It sounds like Entourange will sync to iCal and maybe then Plaxo will synce iCal with Google. :)

Back