Anyone seen the new iMacs at Apple Stores?

i'm confused. i want to hear the story of how someone in N. Carolina saw an imac at the Palo Alto store. this should be interesting.:)

What you guys don't think people travel as part of their work? My company's HQ is in San Jose. I work for Cisco, I'm sure that you can verify their location. I will also be happy to scan in my boarding pass stub, hotel receipt, and for my "I was really there" kicker, my receipt for my iPod BOUGHT at the Palo Alto store...

-nuf, or you need more ;-)

as for being able to buy them, I don't know. I have a cube that is less than 1yr old, and not in the market for an imac....so I didn't ask....

LOL:p

i didn't mean to sound suspicious. i was really just curious what brings a fellow site member from NC to my neck of the woods. and i feel emabarrased that you have been there and i haven't yet.

so do they send you out here often?

on a related note, i just got my first catalog with the new imacs in it from MacMall. they are offering their usual free extra ram and free printer deals. click here to see their web site offerings of them.

:cool:

Amusing. I live in Rhode Island, but I was in the Palo Alto Apple store Sunday. I was there because the company I work for is in Sunnyvale. I won't say which company that is for fear of starting a feud, but let's just say "Every feature, every interface, @ line rate..."

I'll tell you all one interesting thing I noticed about the new iMac - it weighs a freaking ton. 23 lbs to be exact, which comes as a shock since it "looks so small."

symphonix is exactly right -- this time the weight serves a function. :) What I like about the new iMac is that just about everything is well thought-out and serves a specific purpose. The only thing that I can think of that would make it better is having the power button in the front. The port issue and the button issue aren't big deals anyway, because you can just turn the iMac like 45° so you can have easier access, since the screen swivels anyway.

Ed: Wanna maybe meet sometime at the Apple Store in Palo Alto, and then I can go out and buy you the beverage and pastry? We don't have to go to the Printers, Inc. bookstore or whatever. :) I'm sure we can find a good pastry place around downtown. And I have a couple questions about the new iMac anyway, and I also have to get new earbuds for my iPod.

sure simx, meeting at the apple store sounds fine. i just wrote in another thread that i hope next week i will be getting over there. Maybe we should invite everyone on the site to join us since everybody seems to go to the PA store. :p

of course they would have to buy their own coffee/beverage and pastrieeees:D

btw sim - you are really going to have to learn to drink coffee if you are going to be a college student and a computer genius.;)

Be sure to e-mail me when the best time is... preferably Friday or on the weekend during the afternoon (simX@mac.com). I might as well extend the invitation to any MacOSX.com users on here, too, as Ed suggested. We'll let you all know what time we decide on. :)

And I dunno about that coffee stuff, Ed... I'd prefer to load myself up with caffeinated tea, if anything.

You mean the one Apple used on their front-page when retail stores were new?

Address:
University Avenue
451 University Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94301:D

symphonix is exactly right -- this time the weight serves a function.  What I like about the new iMac is that just about everything is well thought-out and serves a specific purpose.

Exactly. This is the same thing that I love about the new iMac. It's design is gorgeous, not only because of the visual appearance, but also because of the intelligence, the rationality of the design. Everything about the computer was well thought out and carefully designed, it's as if every detail resulted from countless hours of concentration and labor. The new iMac is clearly the product of an artist, and not of a design committee. It sums up many of the reasons I like Macs to begin with.

New iMacs at Woodfield outside of Chicago were seen by this poster. They had two, none available for sale at the store yet.

Very cool machines. The screen is gorgeous, very clean bright colors. I found the screen to still be a teeny bit smaller than I'd like. The comparison to 17" CRTs seems hype, though I didn't have my ruler with me. Course, I've got an old iMac at home, and this new one's gotta be even better to look at, so I can't complain about it.

I think it's the perfect machine for its audience.

If they could just find a way to make everything wireless, it would be spectacular.

I saw the g4 imac at the apple store in cincinnati Ohio, and my heart skipped a beat!

Its VERY cool. Not at all ugly ;-) (unless the white can fade to beige.. not good!).

I really hope these apple stores work out well for apple.

Any thoughts on that?

Back