anyone seen the rackmount yet?

My first post was incomplete, i meant to point attention to the GVS9000 rackmount from terrasoft, which does run macosx.
soz.

Apple completely dropped using "Macintosh" in 1999, I think (when the B/W G3s were introduced), so in that case it's going to be PowerMac G4 Server or something like that :)

ahh... but if you're on windows and trying to access your iTools account, it says you must have a Macintosh...

other than that, i normally see Mac...

Originally posted by simX
Power Machintosh? Is that supposed to be hinting towards the mach kernel in OS X, or it supposed to hint that it's a "machine", as in a powerhouse?

;) :p :rolleyes:
LOL... The MACHintosh... he he.

I vote they'll call it something like the PowerRaq... just like the Sun/Cobalt Raq.

If they are doing a headless rack-mount server, don't they need their own Timbuktu-like remote control?

I really hope it's possible to install regular OS X on it. What a home computer! I'm sure I could put a liquid nitrogen cooling system in a rackmount box :D

ToomyWillB, Apple does has it's own Timbuktu type program, they just came out with it, its called Apple Remote Destkop and it actually has a pretty cheapo license price compared to some other programs.

I think apple needs to drop the "i" a little bit. The "i" stands for internet, right? iPod? is not an internet Pod. I guess iPhoto is connected to the internet a little bit, but not enough to get the "i". A lot of other conpanies are using the "i" now. it is getting old. drop the "i".

Originally posted by Nummi_G4
I think apple needs to drop the "i" a little bit. The "i" stands for internet, right? iPod? is not an internet Pod. I guess iPhoto is connected to the internet a little bit, but not enough to get the "i". A lot of other conpanies are using the "i" now. it is getting old. drop the "i".
Then what would we have? A Pod? A Photo?

I guess everything could become "x"... but Microsoft may have already beat Apple to that one with the xBox.

and it sounds really great.
This thing really seems to rock ! Apple's still the best !

Back