Anyone Tried ASP.NET 2.0 on Bootcamp

1Copenut

Registered
Hello community:

I know it's a long shot, but has anyone yet installed the Visual Studio 2005 suite and/or ASP.NET 2.0 and run it using Bootcamp? I got the software from Microsoft for free (that's unusual) and though I prefer PHP and Ruby on Rails, there may come a time that it's ASP or nothing, so I'd like to have my options open.

Along those lines, if anyone has tried this, do they notice a huge performace hit with SQL Server, or not really.

Thank you in advance for any input. I haven't leaped to the new iMac yet, (still running a 1st gen. PowerMac G4, 400MHz) but it's nearly time, so I'm trying to cover all my bases.

Trevor

I'd love to know more about this too. Just bought a Dell inspiron for my .Net programming foray.

I initially bought an old Dell laptop (possibly pre-2000, so it's old to me...) for the sole purpose of running ASP.NET and Explorer for web testing, then I read the system requirements. Ugh.

Now I'm thinking I'll just put Windows on the new Mac with an NFTS partition so the Windows side can't encroach on the Mac side and vice versa. The Dell box is going to be reincarnated as a Xubuntu Linux that I can take with me on the road, or just as another system to play around with and strengthen my abilities with UNIX and its offspring.

I suspect that ASP.NET will run fine, even better when Leopard is out and Boot Camp moves beyond beta. When is Leopard scheduled to hit the streets?

Per Mr. Jobs this week in San Fran, Spring 2007...He's being uncharacteristically tight lipped about future developments so Mr. Gates can't steal features with Vista. :)

Hi!
Even Im a person who knows only dotnet and want a way out as to how to use asp.net or vb.net using on mac os x....please can anybody help....thank you soooooo much.

Paul

Your only options of running .NET applications on OS X is the Mono project. The other alternative is to install Windows via Bootcamp and get the .NET framework from Microsoft.

After hearing all the horror stories about Parallel's customer support, I'm giving that company a wide berth until they sort themselves out.

Back