Anyone want Finder Labels back?

SCARECROW

Shaguar Pimp
Check out this thread....

http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=8300945231&m=7330937035

It is a soon to be shareware contextual menu implementation of colored finder labels..

Works pretty well too.. Been using it all morning..

It has some glitches, but since this was developed just over the last weekend, cant bitch too much, especially considering how many people seem desperate for this functionality.

Anyways, try it out.. Mondo cool...

:cool:

OMG :eek: You are so cool to have found this. Please keep me updated on the project. I really want labels back!

Twister

When OS X came out, there was so much clamor about spring-loaded folders that Apple felt compelled to bring them back. Well, I never cared for spring-loaded folders and never used them, but I have dearly missed Labels. I made a couple of posts here and elsewhere about them, but nobody seemed very interested. Oh well ... as a Mac user, I'm used to being in the minority :rolleyes:

rw, you're INSIDE of a thread discussing that very feature being brought back to Mac OS X as a shareware application. doesn't this show you that there ARE more persons than you alone interested?

Originally posted by cabbage
What exactly are spring loaded folders?

When you drag an item over a folder, the folder opens up and you can then go into other folders in that folder.

Twister

ohh all right, I remember using that in OS 9 to move stuff into other folders. I like Windows way better. Cut the stuff you want, go to the folder you want and then paste it. Too bad OS X doesn't cut and paste like that.

I can't get the lable app to install :(

I'm under 10.2 and restarted the whole freakin machine. What's up?

Twister

Back