Anyone who has Bellsouth FastAccess DSL Please Read!

digital919

4down Productions
I cannot figure out how to get connected via osx 10.1.3 anyone who has this service and knows the proper procedure for doing so please respond... I'm forced to connect thru os9 for the time being....

I need to know exact PPPoe Settings i need.

The only active network ports i am showing is the built-in ethernet, and i'm trying to connect thru a dsl modem on a usb port...I don't know if this is relevant or not...

Thanks for any help!

The PPPoE settings should be the same in X as they are in 9.

Now, how my gateway for Directvinternet is, you need software/driver for the computer to know what to do with the gateway when its in the USB port. And this is a PC only feature. So, Bell probably had a driver for 9, but they do not for X yet. If possible, swtich over to ethernet. I belive it is faster then USB. If you don't have a network card, they are cheep. And you could probably get one that addapts to USB. Of course, if for some ungodly reason your gateway doesn't have ethernet...your screwed untill they make a driver for X, or route through a 9 computer.

You need to get an ethernet modem. Ask bellsouth if they will exchange the USB modem for an ethernet modem. I have BS Fastaccess and I use an Alcatel ethernet modem (supplied by BS) along with a Linksys router (which I bought) to which I have a PC connected. This gives me the ability to use both machines at the same time and also provides a firewall for security.
Hope this helps.

lol good luck for asking them to just swap it out. I used to live in Atlanta where I had their dsl. They are going to ask you to pay the difference for the ethernet one. A way my friend got around it was when he ordered dsl he told them he didnt have anymore pci slots left. They tried to shove the usb one down his throat..but I guess they finally send him the alcatel ethernet modem. Hey your best bet is to check the bellsouth message boards. Lots of helpful people around the boards to help you out. Someone may even be selling a old modem.

Back