Anything other then bootcamp...

speXedy

Think Different
I have the Home Edition (SP1) version of Windows XP and I am using Parallels right now to use XP becuase Bootcamp needs SP2 and I don't want to go spend the money again. So I was wondering if there are any standalone OS things that I can install XP on my iMac Intel? I want to be able to use it for gaming and parallels just doesn't cut it.

Thanks

Is there anyway to do the splitstream on a Mac? I don't have a PC really avaible to me whenever i want anymore & Parralals doesn't let you use a CD Burnner, if not i can do it on my dads computer when i can find a few spare hours.

Is there anyway to do the splitstream on a Mac? I don't have a PC really avaible to me whenever i want anymore & Parralals doesn't let you use a CD Burnner, if not i can do it on my dads computer when i can find a few spare hours.

You can follow the instructions for slipstreaming in Nero under Parallels, then save it as a disk image, and burn the disc image in Toast under OS X.

Yep, this should definitely work. Nice slipstreaming software also allows you to already enter your CD-key and defaults, so you can leave the installation unattended until finished. I don't remember which slipstream-software that was, though...

So I got bootcamp to work YAY!! ... but I got a few questions ... I can't get my iPod to work b/c it asks me to reformat it, but I don't want to lose all my music, is there a way to get the ipod to work on both mac & pc? Also there is now a folder on my Mac desktop that says Untitled and it's my PC files and what not ... is there a way to make that invisable or rename it atleast? and i know that you can drag files out of the folder and put them on the mac but can you put files from the mac into it somehow?

So my questions are ...

1. Can iPod work both on Mac & PC?

2. Can you rename/make inviable the Untitled thingy on my Mac Desktop?

3. can you move files from the Mac to the PC?

Thanks!

1. Can iPod work both on Mac & PC?

2. Can you rename/make inviable the Untitled thingy on my Mac Desktop?

3. can you move files from the Mac to the PC?

Thanks!

1 and 3: Windows doesn't support Mac hard disks (including Mac-formatted iPods). To make them work in Windows, you'll need software such as MacDrive (Google it). Once you have that, you can access your Mac HD from Windows.
You won't be able to write files from OS X onto the PC partition, because it's in NTFS and OS X only allows read access to NTFS volumes.
The easiest way to make sure the iPod will work on both, without the need for additional software, is to format the iPod as Windows-formatted. That'll format it as FAT32, which both OS X and Windows can read happily out of the box.

2. I assume you can rename it in Windows, through the c Drive Properties window.
Making it invisible is more difficult. You can find out how here (you'll need the developer tools installed).

Back