anything to bear in mind?

antonioconte

Registered
Hi everyone, I'm thinking of trading in my Titanium 15" 500mhz laptop for a 17". Is this a good time and are there any negatives to bear in mind?

Also, with Panther coming soon, do you think I'd get a free update?

Have been away from purchasing macs for a while so just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Reason for a laptop: I need to work remotely and I want to get into producing Movies that I can burn traight to DVD and convert video tapes to DVD for clients.

Thanks for any hints you can give.
Tony.

I wouldn't count on getting a free update to Panther. And it is still at least a couple of months away as Apple will be demonstrating it at WWDC, and will begin the process of bringing their developers up to date before they actually release the beta versions.

But then, on a machine as pricey as the 17" PowerBook (good value, yes, but still pricey) the cost of an operating system update which you may or may not want to do is negligible.

Now is probably a good time to buy. Apple won't upgrade the 17" until at least the end of the year, if then.

I do agree that most of us will have to pay some amount for Panther, once it's released.

Back