AOL 7.0 Commercials

wdw_

Rockee
I was just watching TV and an AOL 7.0 commercial came on. I was watching people dancing in front of a background of spining colors and pushing invisible buttons in midair. Then I noticed that the backghround had radar lines a line of tiny little circels and it was all orange and black. It was the iTunes visualizer! It had to be. It was the exact same as iTunes!

... last time I checked, AOL for Mac (both Classic Mac OS and Mac OS X) was stuck at version 5.0. If what you're saying is true, then that's very interesting. The thing is, the iTunes visualizer is actually GForce, which I believe is available for SoundJam as well as a couple of other music programs that are available for PC.

On a side note, I'm really pissed off at AOL. They fix a bug, they change the color of the background, and then they increase the version by a full number (e.g.: 6.0 --> 7.0, not 6.0 --> 6.1). And their software is bloatware. When is anybody going to tell AOL users that THERE ARE OTHER INTERNET PROVIDERS OUT THERE?

Once my friends and I were walking from our car to a monster truck show and a train started going by us. We had stopped at Radio Shack:rolleyes: to get some batteries and we grabbed some free AOL demo CD's, just for the hell of it. So anyway a train started going by us and we started throwing CD's at the train. They were shattering like they were glass bottles. it was hilarious.:D

When is anybody going to tell AOL users that THERE ARE OTHER INTERNET PROVIDERS OUT THERE?

earthlink is trying. sbc global is pushing dsl very hard. the real question is when are aol users going to wake up and take a mental enema (only known cure for head stuck in.....) and at least try directly connecting. i imagine most of them go into shock and give up when they try to use anyone else's computers. probably won't happen until pc version 48, mac version 6.:(

THe iTunes visualizer started out as a WinAmp Plugin called "Geiss", a project from a guy who wanted to show how fast graphics can be when they rely on an Assembler-engine (Geiss was written in Assembler).

Geiss is still the fastest and most impressive music visualizer I know, WAY better and faster than the iTunes vis. Geiss was then copied over and over again by others, one of these (bad) copies was GForce and from this, the iTunes vis.

Geiss still is the root of these kind of visualisers and still unmatched in it's performance! (allthough iTunes classic comes close)

I love only one thing about AOL...
their CDs....well their CD cases :p

Those DVD style cases rock! Whenever I can I grab a few of them, throw the CDs away, and keep the case. This way when I make compilations I can have them in nicelooking cases :D

Cases, Shmases.....

Anyone remember the days of AOL 3.0? They'd give you a 3' floppy and you could just start a collection of disks by reformatting! Back then everyone loved AOL. :cool:

I doubt AOL would ever start puting their products of CD-RW's....

lol yes that was when floppies were worth something :p

I like teh DVD case that AOL comes in now since anywhere I go I cant find those kinds of cases for my custom made CDs lol -- AOL provides a nice supply though he he...the only trick is getting teh stickers off without damaging the case :p

Back