Aperture 1.1 out

Good to see the universal binary out, and nice to see Apple lowering prices and giving money back.

yep yep. Apple Lowered the price of Aperture. $200 "coupon" for anyone who bought 1.0 or $100 for the educational version.

It's cheaper in Switzerland now as well. Initial post made me think it maybe wouldn't...

They say they've improved:

- Improved RAW Image Quality
- RAW Fine Tuning
- Auto Noise Compensation
- New Color Meter
- Enhanced Export Controls
- Universal Binary support
- Other Improvements

The _text_ version reads: "Aperture 1.1, a significant update to the revolutionary all-in-one post production tool for photographers, runs natively on both Intel- and PowerPC-based Macs. The update features dramatically improved RAW image rendering and a new set of advanced RAW adjustment controls. Likewise, it delivers impressive speed gains on any Mac. At a new lower price of $299, Aperture is within reach of anyone shooting with a digital SLR camera."

My Leica Digilux 2's RAW format is now supported. (Yay!)

Additionally, there appear to be many more cameras' RAW formats supported when compared to 1.0.1. I have not been watching this *too* closely (and I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong), but I'm fairly sure that 1.1 addresses these new camera additions and 1.0.1 didn't.

Anyway, appears that Aperture is catching up with the Adobe CS RAW plugin in terms of RAW camera format support. (Still has a ways to go.)

Will

P.S. Several months ago I E-mailed Apple for the first time from the "feature request" page requesting Digilux 2 support. (I figured I might as well "cast a vote"--couldn't hurt.) I have the Leica hardware and it's good to see it supported. I'm off to get Aperture (price break is a new piece of goodness) and see how it flies. I'm hoping many of the "early release" performance and feature woes have been fixed. :)

Back